2130 Fulton St, San Francisco, CA 94117
Touch Judge Course in San Francisco, CA
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2016
Time: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The course starts promptly at 3:00 p.m. Plan on being 15 minutes early to ensure all registration administrative work is done. Please plan accordingly.
Location: University of San Francisco
Kalmanovitz Hall 111 (on Fulton between Clayton and Cole)
2130 Fulton Street, San Francisco, CA (usfcampus_map)
Cost: $30, paid by credit card with online registration
Course Registration: Registration can be accomplished
- On-line with USA Rugby at http://www.usarugby.org/referee-courses/calendar, which will require CIPP registration and credit card payment of course fee. When registering for the class and you already are
- CIPP registered with USA Rugby as a player, coach, or administrator, ensure you add registration as a referee; or
- By contacting Mike Malone, lead Trainer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-472-2091.
- AFTER REGISTERING WITH USAR, FORWARD THE CONFIRMATION EMIAL TO MIKE MALONE.
Registration Deadline: Online registration with USA Rugby will close and no further registrations accepted after Tuesday, January 12, 2016. Registration with the lead Trainer, Mike Malone, may be available until Monday, January 18, 2016, dependent on the number of students already registered and the availability of course materials previously ordered for this course. No walk-ins will be allowed on the day of the course.
Lead Trainer: Mike Malone
Items needed to attend the course:
- Course registration confirmation
- Pen or pencil
Course Certification: Course certification may only be accomplished with current USA Rugby membership, attending and successfully participating in all course modules, and passing a touch judge related law exam .
Purpose: This course provides instruction on the primary tasks of the touch judge in adjudicating touch, touch-in-goal, kicks at goal, and the roles of the touch judge in seven-a-side rugby. Course certification is one requirement for promotion to the referee grade of C1.
The course focuses on the following aspects of the game:
- When is the ball in touch
- Touch judge positioning
- Touch judge signals
- Places of the throw in
- Seven-a-side variations